Monday 19 December 2011

Soaring at Southerndown today? Hopefully!

Hi. My name is Clayton, and it has been 4 months and thirteen days since I last had a tipple at the fountain of slope-soaring.

I nearly failed in my abstinence about a month ago and was rewarded by tripping and nearly removing my foot at the ankle. Still can't walk properly, but am going to attempt to go soaring tomorrow at Southerndown. The forecast isn't inspiring, but I'm hoping the rain will stay away long enough for me to get some flights and video done.

On a family note, our new son, Adam was born on the 11/12/2011 at 0340hrs weighing in at 3.27kg. Clare and Adam are doing very very well. Here's a quick photo from his birthday:

6 comments:

  1. 'Kinell mate,didn't realise your foot was that bad,glad all's well with the family,shouldn't be too long before we see junior scurrying about the Bwlch.Have fun at S-down,if i wasn't working i'd call down for a xmas fly.See ya soon mate.
    Ps.You still at the same address?
    Cheers,
    Andrewmawr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive site Clayton!! :) I hoope you got to fly - soar even!! Hmmm foot doesn't sound too good - I hope you had it checked out by - wait for it - a doctor!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Clayton! Many congrats from Germany!
    All the best for your son and your wife!
    And for you a speedy recovery!
    Have fun at the slope today!
    Btw. does not really help you ;-), but the last 2 1/2 month I did only one or two flights in the flat lands because of family and job related commitments and some health issues as well...
    Cheers, Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10.20am and it's still raining, will probably clear just as my free pass expires. ho hum.
    Took some creative licence with the foot descriptions Andy. Mum, I did go to A&E to waste a few hours to be told that I didn't break any bones (I knew that already) and that the popping noise was just a bad sprain. Some Drs are tossers. Anyway, I'm sure I'll cope without whichever ligament it was that snapped.
    Thanks Tom, for the congrats and well wishes. hope you are OK

    ReplyDelete
  5. it did finally stop raining, but not until after my window of opportunity closed. Oh well, another day then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Skip, all the best to you and the family, link to manual below ;)

    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20119023&postcount=1574

    ReplyDelete