Tuesday 2 August 2011

Can't quit totally!

I managed to keep hold of my planes and will be using them now and then. I won't be committing to racing any more though as it was my competitive nature that was keeping me from my family, and I was wasting a LOT of time on forums, so will continue to refrain from posting on them.

I will be getting out for a sports fly when everything lines up and will continue to try to get videos and photos to share with you when I do.

Should have an opportunity to go flying at Rhossili on Friday. Roger should be maidening his Stingray!! And Andy should be maidening his Ascot!! Very exciting and even if I haven't fixed the Wasabi and Skorp by then, I will go along just to hang out.

Anyway, it feels good to have revised my 'knee-jerk' reaction.

More after Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Clayts, I hope you keep flying a bit, but I wish you all the best what ever choice you make. It's a nice hobby even without the competive side. You might find you just need a break and you will find a good balance I am sure.

    I often have breaks from my hobbies to stop them going stale...forums often make the rot set in sooner for me...so time away from them is often good!

    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stu, I know it is an awesome hobby and I still am addicted to it! Unfortunately I just need to self-impose some rehab.
    I am looking forward to flying without thinking about setting up for racing though.

    ReplyDelete