Monday 16 May 2011

KPT results from Round 1

Well today was a very interesting day!
8 competitors were greeted on the Westerly slope of Mickeys by a fairly chilly breeze and overcast sky. We completed 6 rounds before lunch with some absolutely blistering times being set before the rain decided to slow our party down a bit. There were many times in the mid 30's with John Phillips taking the fastest time of the day with a 35.15.

After lunch the conditions seemed slightly less variable, with less thermal activity. The times were still pretty fast with low 40's taking each of the last six rounds.

Joel, Martin and Simon all flew extremely well to take the top three spots for the day. It was very, very close at the top!

John Treble  deserves a mention as flying his new Extreme he was off to a stonking start of the day, setting a new PB and pulverizing me in each of the first six rounds. Well Done John! 

I had an absolute shocker! I had the slowest time of 4 out of the first 6 rounds and left myself a mountain of work to catch John Treble. Don't know where my head was at, but it seems like a bit of a recurring theme for me at the moment. 

Second half of the competition went much better for me after it was pointed out that my climb-outs were pretty ineffective (I am sure I have been told this before!). I removed some ballast, adjusted the snapflap (not to help the climb-out!) and the Skorp was a different beast for the rest of the day.

Thanks to the guys for supporting the KPT by coming along, competing and helping the day to flow smoothly.


I took some video today while I was CDing and unfortunately you can only see the planes while they are below the horizon so the footage isn't worth working with. I took some photos though and a few are attached below




Here are the finishing positions and scores:
 1
 Joel West
10434.66
2
 Martin Newnham
10406.79
3
 Simon Thornton
10289.88
4
 John Phillips
10054.10
5
 Greg Dakin
9927.57
6
 Andrzej Tabero
9550.74
7
 Clayton Landells
9048.00
8
 John Treble
8398.98



No comments:

Post a Comment